Purpose of the contest
La Coop Unifrontières, a cooperative of agricultural producers in western Quebec and eastern Ontario, is launching this contest with the goal of promoting the region’s agricultural products. Administrator of the Facebook page of the same name, La Coop Unifrontière is organizing a photo contest from May 8 to 29, 2020, via social media Facebook, named « DÉFI LOCAL | LOCAL CHALLENGE ».
The contest is free and open to anyone aged 13 and over with a Facebook account. The participation of minors is subject to parental permission when collecting the prize. Participants must :
- Be 13 years of age or older;
- Have a Facebook account and log into it;
- Read all of the contest rules and regulations;
- Publish on the Facebook publication of the contest (on La Coop Unifrontières‘ page) or send by private messaging a photograph that clearly demonstrates a local food product, accompanied by a brief explanation that mentions the origin (physical location, city) of the product in question NO LATER THAN MAY 20, 2020.
- The number of entries (of photos with mention of the origin of the product) per participant is unlimited.
- All participating photographs will be assembled in a photo album on the Facebook page of La Coop Unifrontières. The name of the owner of the photo will be mentioned, as well as the description accompanying the photo (with the place of origin of the food product presented).
- La Coop Unifrontières will share the photo album with all participating photographs as of May 21, 2020, by inviting the public to vote for their favourite photo by attributing the “like” mention to it.
- La Coop Unifrontières reserves the right to use the winning photos in its various communication tools at a later date.
Participation in the photo contest implies full acceptance of these rules in their entirety. Employees of La Coop Unifrontières, members of the Board of Directors and their immediate families are excluded and cannot participate.
How it works
The contest is accessible on Facebook, starting May 8 and ending May 29, 2020 at 9:00 am. It is specified that Facebook is not the organizer or sponsor of the contest and therefore cannot be held responsible in the event of a problem related to the contest.
Photographs must respect the theme of the competition and comply with the legal provisions in force. In particular, they must not undermine public order and must respect netiquette. Otherwise, the photos and participants will be automatically excluded from the competition. The organizer reserves the right to withdraw from the contest, without notice, any photo that is pornographic, racist, inciting to violence or does not correspond to the theme of the contest. The organizer may also withdraw any photo when the provisions of the rules are not respected by its author.
Designation of prizes, announcement of winners and awarding of prizes
This contest is offering the following prizes:
- On May 29, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., a winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate redeemable at any BMR, BMR Express or Agrizone branch of La Coop Unifrontières.
- On May 29, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., the two entries with the most “Like” mentions among all the entries in the photo album located on La Coop Unifrontières’ page will be the two grand winners. The owner of the photo with the most “Like” mentions will receive a $500 gift certificate redeemable at any BMR, BMR Express or Agrizone branch of La Coop Unifrontières. The owner of the second photo having received the most “Like” mentions will receive a $250 gift certificate redeemable at any of the BMR, BMR Express and Agrizone branches of La Coop Unifrontières.
- A $50 gift certificate will also be randomly drawn on May 29, 2020 around 10 a.m. among all the people who voted for their favourite photo in the designated album.
Winners will be contacted by private message via their Facebook account. These prizes cannot be transferred, nor can they be paid out in cash. Any challenge to the prize for any reason whatsoever will be equivalent to a definitive refusal of the prize. The organiser reserves the right to substitute, at any time, the prizes offered with prizes of equivalent nature and value.
The winner of one of the prizes will not be eligible for the other prizes.
Winners will be able to pick up their prize at the store of their choice (among the branches of La Coop Unifrontières) within three (3) weeks. Depending on the location chosen, La Coop Unifrontières must be given two business days to deliver the prize won. After this period and without any protest from the participant, it will then be considered as a final refusal by the participant and no claim will be taken into account. A piece of identification will be required when the prize is collected. Failure to provide such proof may lead to disqualification.
The Contest Organizer is not responsible for the content of the published photos. The Contest Organizer has the right to eliminate the contestant(s) in the event of partial or total non-compliance with these rules or non-compliance by other contestants and/or a breach of contest ethics. The Contest Organizer declines all liability in the event of cancellation and/or disruption of connections for reasons beyond its control (such as, in particular, malfunctioning of the participants’ telecommunications or telephone installations, incorrect data entry, hacking of the organizer’s server or Facebook account, virus attack, etc.).
As the contest is conducted in compliance with the right to image provided for by law, the participants undertake to respect the rights of the persons photographed or the owners of the private places and to obtain their agreement by authorization.
Participation in the contest and acceptance of the rules
Participation in the contest implies the pure and simple acceptance of these rules as they stand, without any possibility of complaint regarding the results. Any dispute regarding the interpretation or application of these rules will be settled by the organizer in the spirit in which they were drawn up.
No contestation may be made.